o launch GSI-22.214.171.124 or GSIB-126.96.36.199, you need Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 or later.
- Download the archive or executable file:
- for home — GSI-188.8.131.52.zip or GSI-184.108.40.206.exe.
- for business — GSIB-220.127.116.11.zip or GSIB-18.104.22.168.exe.
- Extract the files from the archive.
- Run GSI-22.214.171.124.zip or GSIB-126.96.36.199.zip as an administrator on the problematic computer.
- In the window Get System Info - End User License Agreement, read the license agreement and, in case you agree to the terms and conditions, click Accept.
- By default, the Get System Info report is saved to Desktop under the name GetSystemInfo_<COMPUTER NAME>_<user name>_MM_DD_YYYY_<creation_time>.zip. To save the report to a different place, click the settings button in the Report file field and select the folder.
- Click the start button in the right part of the window (the report will be generated for approximately ten minutes).
- If necessary, select the checkbox:
- Include Windows event logs, if you are using GSI for home. The Windows event log will be attached to the GSI report.
- Include AVZ logs, if you are using GSI for business. The AVZ log will be attached to the GSI report.
- Wait until the tool completes its work.
A zip file with the report will be saved to Desktop or specified folder.
If the Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 component is not installed, you can use an older version of this tool, GetsystemInfo5.2.zip (GetSystemInfo5.2.exe).